Code of Conduct — Parents & Spectators
EMW Baseball and Softball
CODE OF CONDUCT
PARENTS AND SPECTATORS
The Parent and Spectator shall support the players, coaches, umpires and league officials. Parents and Spectators shall not “coach” or “officiate.”
Parents and Spectators agree as follows:
- Parents and Spectators will be positive role models.
- Parents and Spectators Coaches will display and instill in all players the principals of good sportsmanship and team play. This applies to all Parents and Spectators who are asked to assist with the running of the team but are not designated as “league coaches or managers”
- Parents and Spectators will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
- Parents and Spectators will do their best to provide the players a positive experience.
- Parents will make certain that their children show respect for all other players, coaches, official and spectators.
- Parents and Spectators will not ridicule or demean players, coaches or umpires.
- Parents will inform the coach of any disability or ailment that may affect the safety of their child.
- Parents and Spectators will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policies and procedures as established or endorsed by the EMW Baseball & Softball.
- Parents and Spectators will be drug and alcohol free while at any EMW Baseball & Softball athletic event.
- Parents and Spectators will treat all players, coaches and umpires fairly and with respect.
- Parents and Spectators will not question an umpire’s call.
- Parents and Spectators will respect the opponent and avoid any confrontation with opposing players, spectators or coaches.
The EMW Board of Directors reserves the right to remove any parent or spectator from the EMW Baseball and Softball fields (Creek Road fields) for violation of the above stated Code of Conduct for Parents and Spectators
Parents Signature: __________________________________________________
Parents Name: _______________________________ Date: ________________
Note: One parent may sign on behalf of their spouse. This signature represents agreement on behalf of both parents.